Monday, October 31, 2011

Pomegranate Tree

About two and a half years ago I worked with a Japanese company in Dubai. One time my manager went to Caucasus ( I think he went to Armenia or Azerbaijan) and  brought back some pomegranate fruits. (See the picture below). We have a local  variety of this fruit  called "granada". But the fruit of granada is small compared to the ones grown in other places like Iran and parts of the MIddle East. Grenadine syrup comes from this fruit.


  
The fruit really taste good with a lot of seeds. I didn't know that I kept  some of the seeds  on the side pocket of my laptop bag. When I was already back in the country I saw the seeds while cleaning my laptop bag. They were very dry and thought they will not germinate anymore. Anyway I still planted them baka sakaling tumubo. And guess what? After about three weeks some sprouts came out of the soil where i put them. ( I told you I have green thumbs! ). After two years, here how they look now. ( See pictures below) I did some research and learned that pomegranate  will bear fruit after 3-4 years ( if they are planted on the ground and fertilized well)  and they are adaptable. It also grows in Southeast Asia.I hope it will bear fruit here in the Philippines. If anyone is interested to plant a pomegranate tree, I can give some cuttings ready for planting. Just send me your e-mail or contact on the comment.




22 comments:

  1. Hello po! Nag bunga n b ung pomegranate tree nyo? Interested po ako for some cuttings. Hm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in buying cuttings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello po. Interested here po about sa cuttings.hope u reply

    ReplyDelete
  4. nag bunga na po ba? Pwede po ba maka hingi ng cuttings? Salamat po.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesado po ako sa cuttings, kindly email me naman po rafaelathena@gmail.com or txt me po sa 09175703138. salamat po!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes ! Interesting in cutting! Thanks email vin8262@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Pwede po ba makakuha ng leaves? Para sa study namin. We badly needed it po kasi nagstrat na po ang study namin at subject mo namin ay mature pomengrantae leaf. Lagyan niyo na lang po ng price

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello iwant some cuttings din po pls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello po. Sir, I'm interested in buying cuttings kasi what I have is the local 'sweet white variety' lang po. Thanks. My email add is joysalvo_01@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Do you still have pomegranate cuttings? My email is e.r.tan@me.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm Interested po sa cuttings
    Nakapag pabunga na ba kayo?
    The post is 2011...then after 2 years malaki na 2013...then after 5 years nag ka bunga ba po?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What area oh the Philippines are you in.We want some pomegranate trees.We are in Ilocos Norte

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I buy some cuttings of promegranate, mulberry?
    Can you tell me please where can I buy cuttings for my farm.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interest po in plnting pomegranates hdre in davao jezadominic@gmail.com. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  16. meron po ba pomegranate fruit because we can grow it from seed, natanim nyo po ba stem successful po ba, ano po area nyo baka po malamig dyan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I mean sa Philippines we can buy the fruit, thanks for writing this, thinking of planting pomagranate before meron sa google place nila said Mandaluyong meron daw po pero ever since andun na, and Manila climate nasearch ko lang din google

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello po. interested ako sa cuttings ng pomegranate nyo. here is my email ad. lornaclacerna@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pls send me also some cutting if there are still left. Ill pay the shipping cost. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! May available pa po kayo na cuttings, im interested to plant po for some study. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi i have planted pomegranate for 3 year but still did not bear fruit..

    ReplyDelete